Langdale View self catering apartments, is a large semi-detached Lakeland house situated close to the Lake District village of Bowness. Outlook over the village, with some views of Lake Windermere and the fells beyond.
A two minute walk takes you to the village and thence the lake shore, from where you can board a steamer or ferry. Bowness-on-Windermere as the name suggests, is positioned on the shores of Lake Windermere and is the ideal base for a Lake District holiday, having easy access to the rest of Lakeland.
In the village there is a wide variety of shops, numerous good inns and many restaurants. The Lake steamer takes you North to Brockhole and Ambleside or South to Lakeside and the Haverthwaite Steam Railway. There is also the car ferry across the lake for a walk or drive to Hawkshead, Coniston and and beyond.
By coach or by car you can explore this unique corner of England, from its tranquil lakes and tarns to its magnificent mountains, go walking, climbing, sailing, for the golfer we're only 5 minutes away from the challenging Windermere course, or just relax and enjoy the scenery, there's something for everyone.
- Apartment 1
- Apartment 2
- Apartment 3
- Apartment 4
- All Apartments
Book here to guarantee the best deals, always!
Booking online through this website will help guarantee the lowest possible prices for your break in the Lake District.
• The apartments are personally managed by the owners to ensure high standards.
• All have their own bathroom, each has a bath with shower, toilet and washbasin.
• Car Park.
• Pets welcome in apartments 1 and 3 at £20 per week.
• Good access to rail, motorway and Manchester Airport.
• Open all year.
• Short breaks usually available at 60% of the weekly price
• Friday and Saturday night available at 50% of the weekly price
• Please ring or view booking page for rates.
Please note of the following:
• We advise guests to take out cancellation insurance.
• A provisional booking may be made by post, telephone, fax or via the internet.
• A deposit of £100 per week is requested with balance due 2 weeks before arrival.
• Bed linen and tea towels are provided, towels can be hired on request at a small charge of £5 per person.
• All cheques made payable to "The Langdale View". We accept VISA, MASTER CARD & SWITCH.
• High: Easter, Whitsun, July, August, Christmas, New Year
• Mid: May, June, September, October, half term
• Low: Feb half term, March, April, October
• V Low: January, February, November, December
Each apartment is fitted with:
• Fully equipped fitted kitchen area with cooker, fridge, microwave, crockery and utensils
• Colour TV with all Freeview digital channels
• DVD player and DVDs
• The flats have wireless internet access, free for all guests to use. Ask for the password if you would like to use it.
• Ironing facilities
• Electric shaver point
• Central heating
• Bed linen is provided
Some recent comments from our guest book:
‘Great new year, great apartment, we'll be back.’
‘Lovely homely flat, thanks very much.’
‘Enjoyed our eleventh year as much as our first. See you next year!’
‘I’ve had a really lovely 2 weeks here. What a fabulous place!’
'Always sad to be leaving.’